- Lead Researcher: Dr. Paula Byrne, HRB-Trials Methodology Research Network & Evidence Synthesis Ireland, University of Galway
- Reviewed by: Prof. Declan Devane, School of Nursing and Midwifery, HRB-Trials Methodology Research Network, Evidence Synthesis Ireland & Cochrane Ireland, University of Galway.
- Topic advisor: Prof. Susan M Smith, Professor of General Practice, Discipline of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College Dublin and General Practitioner in Inchicore Family Doctors, Dublin 8.
- Public and Patient advisor: Anne Daly, Public and Patient Involvement in research (PPI) advisor, PPI Ignite, NUI Galway.
- Journalist Advisor: Dr. Claire O’Connell, Journalist, Contributor, The Irish Times.
Conflict of Interest Statement: Dr. Paula Byrnewas co-author of several HIQA reports on face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic. She has no other financial or other conflicts of interest for this health claim summary.